Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Times, New Teachers, & Tender Hearts

Today was Sunday.  The first Sunday of the New Year.  We got to start at 11:00 instead of 9:00.  :)  I have to admit, this makes my life a little bit easier.  Okay, a LOT easier.  Getting all four kids and myself ready and to church on time for 9am was a little rough.  Some mornings it involved some yelling.  A great way to start a Sabbath day, don't you think?  This morning went so much smoother.  I didn't yell.  I didn't even raise my voice.  We were on time and there was no rushing.  It was really nice.  The kids all got new teachers and new classes in Primary, too.  They were pretty excited.  Although I've never been a Primary President, I'm sure it's one of those days you're always glad to have behind you.  The Primary room was a little noisy at first, but they seemed to have everything under control and the kids were all happy after church.  I am so thankful for all that serve in Primary.  It's a tough calling.  It requires sacrifice.  They do such a good job and I am so thankful for those that help us teach our children the gospel.

I am really thankful for Relief Society.  I Love Relief Society.  On Sunday it's a little respite from the week  that builds my testimony, reminds me of what's most important, and encourages me to be the person Heavenly Father wants me to be.  Today's lesson was on the condition of our hearts.  Are they hard or soft?  How are our testimonies?  What can we do to strenghthen our testimonies and soften our hearts?  It was a wonderful lesson taught by our wonderful RS President, my next door neighbor, Pam Jensen.  She is a wonderful example.  I am so thankful for the gospel.  My life is so richly blessed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment