Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

So I got an email from one of the digital scrapbooking places I like to look at. They have this new program to encourage people to notice the little things in their lives and cultivate a more grateful attitude and perspective. I thought that sounded like a wonderful idea. So this blog is going to be dedicated to the little things in my life that bring me happiness. The little things that are big blessings from the Lord.

Today was filled with so many blessings it's hard to count. This morning my parents, Scott's parents and his brothers & sisters and their families all came over to celebrate Bryson's fourth birthday. We had brunch. It tasted really good, which is always an answer to prayers when you're the one doing the cooking! I had a lot of help from Scott. I couldn't have done it without him. He is the greatest. We had a good time with everyone. What wonderful families we are a part of. Our children's lives are so blessed by the influence of their grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins. I am very happy to be so close to most of them and I miss the ones that aren't here. Hopefully that will change one day soon.

Tonight we went to a party for one of my friends. She turned 30, which makes me feel pretty old, but we had a good time anyway. I've been thinking a lot about friends lately. You're never too old to need good friends. You're never to mature to escape their influences, either. More and more I appreciate my good friends. The friends that love me no matter what, but who also encourage me to be a little bit better, too. Being with some of them tonight was fun.

Which brings me to my next little thing. Babysitters. Not just any babysitter, but the one my kids love. The one I love because she talks to me. She keeps the kids in control. I have complete trust in her. She's the best. I can enjoy time with my husband because I know she's there and the kids will be fine. More than fine, really. They are at home having a great time, too. Thanks, Gabrielle.

And my last little thing for today... Bubblebaths! Every girl loves a bubble bath every now and then. I don't take the time to enjoy a bubblebath nearly as much as I should. But I did tonight and it was wonderful.

Oh, and a good book. You know, to read while taking a bubblebath. I told you I had a lot to be thankful for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment